Tuesday, June 30, 2009

When Time Is Short


Only had a short time yesterday morning. We're getting ready for a big trip through the midwest. I'm very excited to see family and introduce my new bride to where I grew up.

There will be opportunities to paint and I'll try to post from the road if I can find a hook up.


As for this tiny study, I love doing these guys. It's maybe 3"x4" if that. Just a study of the late morning overcast flat lighting that really emphasized the wet feeling cools in this picture. I had to make sure the ground plane and pieces of sky had lots of light and higher value as that what the conditions really suggested. That scenario pushes your overall values down but really illuminates the sky a silvery coolish nameless color.


See you next time on the road!


Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment